The Michigan Foreclosure Task Force (MFTF) was created in 2007 to respond to the foreclosure crisis by serving as a statewide clearinghouse for foreclosure-related information and providing a unified voice in promoting public policy to respond to the crisis. The MFTF is focused on reducing the number of foreclosures, keeping families, including homeowners and renters, in their homes and softening the impact of unpreventable foreclosures on families, neighborhoods and communities. The MFTF does this by:
- Serving as an information hub for housing counselors, consumer advocates, lenders, local units of government, legislators, homeowners and renters in need of timely, reliable foreclosure-related information;
- Advocating for policy changes for stronger consumer protection and foreclosure mitigation laws; and
- Helping nonprofit counseling agencies build capacity to better serve clients and meet the needs of the communities in which they serve.
Become a member of the Michigan Foreclosure Task Force and stay connected to information and resources.
Members benefit from:
- Monthly E-Updates on state and national issues, trends and news
- Program and resource announcements
- Periodic calls to take action on foreclosure-related public policy
Membership is FREE. Join Now! MFTF Membership Application
Check out the list of our current members – MFTF Organizational Member List(PDF)
Strategic oversight is provided by a twelve-member MFTF Steering Committee (PDF) and coordinated by Tracie Coffman.